Contrary to popular belief, the kitchen and bedroom are not the most difficult rooms to pack. For people who have lived in a house for a few years, sorting and packing contents of the garage are the biggest challenges. This area can have appliances, equipment, tools, solutions, clothes, and much more. You have to categorise, label and pack different types of things within a stipulated time, which is stressful and strenuous.
Hiring professional removal experts in Sunshine Coast is a practical and time-savvy solution for packing content of your garage, as they have the expertise and skills to manage variable moving loads. Alternatively, you can do it yourself by following these expert tips. Have a look.
In most homes, the garage is treated as a storeroom where occasionally used household things, items with sentimental value, etc., are kept. Over the years, this room becomes a hub of unwanted, broken, old, and obsolete things, which is why it takes more time than usual to sort this area and pack while packing.
Declutter the garage by:
• Dividing everything into four broad categories – donate, resell, keep and discard.
• Responsibly disposing of the trash and broken or unwanted things. Gather information about waste and recycling in Sunshine Coast if you have dangerous chemicals, flammables and other toxic trash.
• Contacting your local charities or organisation like GIVIT, The Salvation Army etc., to donate things you don’t need and are in good condition.
• Selling rarely-used or brand new things that are suitable for reuse via online or offline garage sales
• Only packing things you need in your new home.
Once decluttering and segregation of garage content is done, move on to organising the items you want to gather and transport. Separate delicate items to pack first, then wrap other things according to importance. Always box things in inverse order of usage, meaning pack things from occasionally to frequently used. It will ensure things you need for daily operations are loaded on the truck last and unloaded first.
In addition to organising, focus on labelling boxes carefully to avoid confusion and hassle by creating an inventory of the garage contents.
Since the garage houses delicate and heavy household items, you need to have the right packing supplies to securely and safely wrap then box everything. Here are some things you must have before packing garage contents.
• Standard good-quality corrugated boxes in small, medium, large and XL sizes.
• Bubble and foam wraps for cushioning items
• Packing tape or duct tape for securing the boxes
• Cell dividers for storing bottles, cups, mugs, small artifacts, etc.
If you have availed of packing services for an organised removal in Sunshine Coast, they will bring the necessary supplies to pack the belongings of your house expertly. In addition, they will create an inventory to help keep track of property contents and avoid loss or misplacement of things.
Contents in the garage often accumulate dust, dirt, cobwebs, and debris, as they remain untouched for several months or even years. Packing dirty and dusty items is challenging, which is why, vacuum or dust them before starting the process. Cleaning will also make identification of contents easier and help you only keep things you want in the new house.
If removal experts in Sunshine Coast are packing the garage contents, then make sure you perform these activities a day or two before their arrival.
Most reputed removal experts in Sunshine Coast have a list of things they don’t load on the moving truck for transportation. Therefore, dispose of these items carefully before moving to avoid hassle or stress.
• Paints and thinners
• Air fresheners and aerosol cans
• Propane tanks
• Batteries for vehicles and equipment
• Bleach, ammonia, and cleaning solvents
• Flammable and combustible liquids
Don’t try to move these items yourself, since most are dangerous, and you can risk your life and others.
Toppling accidents are common while handling the garage contents and can cause serious injuries, scrapes, and muscle pulls, etc. Therefore, keep all the items you want to pack on the ground and only handle heavy items with a dolly. Additionally, invest in a steady and robust ladder, personal protective equipment and any other item you need to make the process easier and comfortable.
Here are some things you should keep in mind while packing and moving garage contents.
• Ensure tools, machines, or equipment are unplugged when not in use
• Empty tanks of machines that run on oil or gas
• Wrap tools with sharp blades or edges with two-three layers of bubble and foam wraps
• Fill spaces in boxes with packing peanuts, newspaper or shredded papers
• Pack screws, nails and other such items in sturdy plastic bags and label them.
Packing the contents of your garage is a daunting and challenging task, especially if you have lived in a house for years. This area is where most people hoard things, and it is rarely decluttered or sorted. One of the easiest ways to pack your garage is to take the assistance of removal experts in Sunshine Coast. However, if you want to do it yourself, follow the expert tips shared above to make the process less harrowing and difficult.
GET YOUR FREE QUOTE