Want to pack or move your belongings like professionals? Read our blog posts that will help you manage relocation process with ease.
Packing your belongings is the most time-consuming and challenging part of the relocation process. People usually fail to complete their packing at the right time because they carry out the task without any planning. You might tempt you to pack everything you have and relocate, but it is not the right method. There are several things in your house that you do not use, or you won’t need in your new house. It doesn’t make any sense to waste your time, energy and money to pack and move them.
Always remember that the fewer items you will have to move, the better you will manage your packing. As a result, you will experience smooth removals in Sunshine Coast. Whether you carry out the moving process on your own or move your belongings using the removalists, make sure you declutter first. Amass all the unwanted items you have in your home and separate them into three categories – Things to sell, donate and toss. This way, you will be able to execute the task in an organised manner.
Read on to know more about how to declutter before moving house.
You accumulate several things in your house that lose their importance for overtime. However, that doesn’t mean that it will also be useless for other people. You can organise a garage sale and quickly sell these items. The amount of money you will earn from the sale will help you to cover your moving expenses to some extent. You can sell the following items in your garage sale.
• Old and Small Furniture: Your small furniture like a coffee table, side table, or bookshelf could be a misfit at your new place. So, it would be better if you sell them.
• Gym and Sports Equipment: If you do not use gym or sports equipment anymore, you should put them on sale. You can get a good price for such things.
• Kitchen Appliances: If your mixer, juicer or microwave is old enough and you are want to purchase a new appliance for the new home, it is the right time to sell such things.
• Electronics: You can also sell your old television, music system or computer. If you are not getting the right price, you should also try to sell them online. There are many websites and applications to sell your used items at a good price.
While selling your items in the garage sale, you will find numerous things that won’t give you a good resale value. You don’t need to sell them at a cheap price. Instead, you can choose to give such things as a donation. You can donate your stuff directly to the unfortunates like homeless people or some organisation that help such people. Contact a reliable and nearby NGO and donate the following stuff.
• Packed Food: Do not pack and move any sealed food in the refrigerator and pantry that is about to expire within a week or so. Packing such things is always one of the major issues when moving interstate. Instead, donate the food items to homeless people or some NGO.
• Books: If you are relocating to a house that does not have appropriate space for your entire book collection, donate the books to some nearby school or college. They will be more than happy to accept your donation.
• Clothes in Good Condition: There are several clothes in your wardrobe that you have only used a few times, don’t like and don’t fit anymore. You should consider donating the clothes.
• Kitchen Items: If you are using mismatched glasses and dishes for the last many years, then it is the right time to get rid of them. Donate such items and replace them with a completely new set.
You will also find several items in your home that you can neither sell nor donate. The only option you have is to get rid of them. Do not make the mistake of leaving them behind in your rental property; otherwise, it will be a huge issue during the final inspection. So, make you discard them in an appropriate manner.
• Pesticides and Chemicals: Even reliable Removals Company in Sunshine Coast will not agree to move dangerous items like things like cleaning solution, fertiliser, paint and thinner, acid, etc. It is also advisable not to carry them with you. So, discard them appropriately.
• Expired Food and Beauty Products: You will find many Food and beauty products that are expired. Such things can cause all types of health issues. Therefore, you must throw them into the garbage without any hesitation. The scanning process can be a little time-consuming, so you should start the process a little early.
• Broken Furniture, Appliances and Electronics: If any of your furniture, kitchen appliances and electronic items is broken or damaged, then you should toss them. It doesn’t make waste money on moving them and then repairing them.
Packing your belongings in a safe and organised manner can be very confusing and stressful, particularly if you are doing it for the first time. However, by decluttering your house, you can reduce the stress level and complete the packing task in an organised manner. To declutter your home perfectly, follow the ways mentioned above. Hire professionals to save more time, ensure the safety of your valuables, and experience hassle-free removals in Sunshine Coast.